AN EMBOSSABLE THERMAL LAMINATE DESIGNED FOR DIGITAL PHOTOGRAPHS
PlatinumSHR™ 1.6 mil Gloss Laminate is specially designed to emulate the weight, look, and feel of conventional silver halide photo paper for digital print applications through silver halide replacement (SHR™). Its gloss finish enables the sharpness and color contrast of digital inks to show through with full clarity. When combined with an embossing roller during the lamination process, this finish takes on the memorable luster of a silver halide photograph.
PlatinumSHR 1.6 mil Gloss Laminate is made of biaxially oriented polypropylene (BOPP), which makes it compatible with most bursting laminating systems, including several units in the GMP series that are specially designed for SHR. The EVA adhesive layer on the laminate's back forms a strong, lasting bond with paper when thermally activated and hardens the embossing effect on the surface.
To create cost-effective photo paper in-house, see our PlatinumOPP™ 1.0 mil Matte Laminate, which provides texture and protection for the back of digitally printed photos when combined with PlatinumSHR 1.6 mil Gloss Laminate on the front.
PlatinumSHR is part of the Nobelus® Essentials Collection.
• Emulates the look, weight, and feel of silver halide photos
• Protects digital photos from dirt, moisture, and oil
• Low haze and high gloss for a traditional gloss finish
• Can be embossed to replicate silver halide luster
• Cost-effective method of creating photos without toxic processing chemicals
• Portraits and Photo Prints
COMPATIBLE POST-LAMINATE PROCESSES
• Die Cutting
• Digital Photo Production